Monday, May 23, 2011

Drowned Flowers

Drowned Rose

This is my favorite still life I've done this year. I'm not a big fan of still lifes but this is the closest I have gotten to painting one that had a little bit of my point of view in it. I wish I did a few more along the same lines but my energy faltered after this.

I did a few other quick still lifes, mainly of desserts. I let go of trying to put big concepts into the paintings since I did not have much time to dwell on anything longer than a couple hours at a time. Here are some samples:

Kickass Cupcakes

Raspberry Cheesecake

Fruit Tart 2

Lime Cheesecake 2

There's a few more coming that I didn't scan since they had very thick paint and needed time to dry. I also have many more figure paintings coming but I'm still waiting on drying paint before I tote them back to my studio to photograph.

5 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

Like the drowned flower, even though the message is against the still life. I like a good still life, especially when there aren’t any flowers, recently killed.

Web Designer said...

this great i like it

WEBSITE DEVELOPMENTBUCKE

Ayala Westgrove Heights said...

Hello !!!!
This is soooo beautiful !!!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.

- Lanie

nikeairmaxshoes90 said...

To meet for the demand of baseball game that needs additional grip on the grassy field, Hogan Online
a pair of spiked sneakers is of necessity, for which would be the premise of a successful baseball match. Spiked soles of the baseball sneakers Hogan Onlinehave the function of tightening grip over the ground by not letting you to fall down even the surface is slick with rain. Baseball sneakers Franklin Marshall Hoodies
are designed for you with molded rubber cleats and heel pull tab for easy wear as well as to exhibit excellent traction over the ground. Abercrombie and Fitch ClothingFew sneakers are even available with baseball design at the side for stylish look.

Anonymous said...

hey funny, I just discovered your blog, and really love it!!! You have a great style and are really inspiring. Definitely have a new follower and a fan! If you get a chance pop up by my page, maybe you would like freshwater pearl jewellery.You can visit our fresh water pearl necklace. and our pearl necklace and earring set have good quality.